Finals are over, it’s time for a meme (which I took from somewhere else of course).
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to – leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog.
2.. Slept under the stars.
In the desert. Mala tried to wake me up when the moon set. But I was too sleepy to care.
3. Played in a band – or musical.
4. Visited Hawaii.
Would still like to see the Big Island though.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo (in the shower).
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
(Is that allowed anymore?)
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
It wasn’t very easy.
21. Had a pillow fight.
23. Taken a sick day when youÄôre not ill.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a Marathon.
28. Ridden a Gondola in Venice.
Well, I mean, I want to go to Venice. I’ve heard the gondolas are kind of a rip-off.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
They were pretty great in the desert.
(Photo by Mala)
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
I mean, sort of. This is pretty vague.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen MichelangeloÄôs David.
41. Sung karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
Although, I think it was Galveston.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
I should probably do it again though, I was 11.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
Snorkeling, yes, I saw an octopus, he was awesome.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
Oh so many. So did my mother.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
Received or bought?
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
Yeah, no, I hate needles. And I have really flat veins.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
Yeah, so, I used to have two bank accounts with the same bank, then I closed one, and accidentally used those checks for my transcript fees.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
I still have a number of them somewhere. I think we may have finally given away the smooshies and the nerfels though.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
Maybe not speeding.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
I think it was for the spelling bee in 5th grade.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someoneÄôs life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
Um, yeah, Elijah Wood!
92. Joined a book club.
Sort of. We had a very short-lived Jane Austen book club in college. I think we met once. But it was hilarious.
93. Lost a loved one.
Although, no one young.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
When I was little we were part of a suit against those people who dumped arsenic in that lake near our house in Bryan. I got $25.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
No, they freak me out, I run when approached.
I think it’s telling me I should go to Italy.