Think of 20 albums that had such a profound effect on you they changed your life or the way you looked at it. They sucked you in and took you over for days, weeks, months, years. These are the albums that you can use to identify time, places, people, emotions. These are the albums that no matter what they were thought of musically shaped your world. When you finish, tag 20 others, including me. Make sure you copy and paste this part so they know the drill. Get the idea now? Good. Tag, you’re it!
Keep in mind I was exposed to pop music at 12. So really I had a late start.
1) Tegan & Sara – The Con
2) The Dixie Chicks – Home
3) Aimee Mann – Lost in Space
4) Tegan & Sara – So Jealous
5) Ryan Adams – Gold
6) Band of Horses – Cease to Begin
7) Ryan Adams – Demolition
8 ) Renan Luce – Repenti
9) Atmosphere – Strictly Leakage
10) The Decemberists – The Crane Wife
11) The Shins – Wincing the Night Away
12) Aimee Mann – The Forgotten Arm
13) The Beatles – Abbey Road
14) Pink – Missundaztood (seriously I loved this album. I don’t care what you think.)
15) Weezer – The Green Album
16) The Dixie Chicks – Fly
17) Pauline Croze – Un Bruit qui Court
18) Hilary Hahn Plays Bach
19) Sheryl Crow – self-titled
20) Red Hot Chili Peppers – By the Way
I tried to do it in order of importance, not chronological. It’s kinda sketchy.